39 & single...Ideas for vacation

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

a b

Reaction score
First off, please be nice...:D OK, I've been living in US for about five years now and didn't take a vacation for last couple of years. I have accrued 3 weeks and have a hard time deciding where to go. Thinking seriously to drive the Alaska Highway but looking for more ideas, and I know you guys have plenty of them. To complete the picture I might add that I'm single (not that I want to) and my friends have different plans or no vacation left. To make the matters worse I fear flying but I love driving my ST irrespective of the distance. Drove coast to coast four times already. Any advice would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance for your thoughts.

drive to the ST meet

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=720312&REPLYCOUNT=21&LAST=7/11/2005_3:55:40_PM

Single? Hedonism resorts, but then you'd need to fly. :lol:

For me it would be a road trip down to and around the coast of Florida then back.

Alaska is wonderful. One of my favorite places. Go do some halibut fishing, etc. Drive up to Denali, Fairbanks, Aleyeska, etc.

Absolutely beautiful country:D

Come to the AZ meet that will take up a week of your days and you can drive it..Aug 5 and 6 .also you can visit the Grand canyon.... then Sept 29 be in Kingman Az again and follow us down to the National ST Meet in Dallas :) Stick around till Oct 1 afer the ST meet you can go back home .... how's that? ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Grand Canyon is a must see for sure. Been there several times and hiked to the bottom 3 times. Planning on going there again in Oct for a 5 night backpacking trip to Phantom Ranch and Clear Creek.

[Broken External Image]:

Las Vegas, you make some side trips to check out Hoover Dam and the Jesse Ventura Suite at the Moonlight Bunny Ranch. :lol:

Florida's east coast works, excellent hotels currently off season and cheaper, nice beaches and several cities/towns on their way up and filling with younger professionals and adventurous restaurants. I would consider Melbourne, Vero Beach, Stuart, Jupiter, West Palm and Fort Lauderdale. Miami's South Beach is also an option, but it helps to have at least a Porsche 911 there if meeting women is the goal. Key West, where I live, is famous for partying, drinking and fishing, and my single friends who visit usually find like-minded companionship without difficulty. Jamaica's Hedonism was mentioned earlier:cool:- I went as a single and had a grand time -Enjoy your trip wherever you go!

Latest posts