4x4 not working

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan Baker

Reaction score
I have been reading through all the posts about people having problems with there 4x4 and I think my wife 02 trac falls into the same problem. My wife uses her 4x4 once a month just to make sure everything is working but today on her drive home she switched it to 4x4 high and nothing no light no click..... I am guessing the module is done but after reading all the posts about this problem i still have not found a way to test it.... It seems the answer is just buy another module and hope for the best, I dont think its the motor because she uses it all the time but it could be the switch or wiring. Any ideas on how to go about traking down the problem I live in Brampton Ontario and scrap yards are hard to find so finding a used module is pretty hard and the last place i wont to buy one from is the dealer.... I was also wondering if anyone has taken the module apart and fixed it I am guessing the problem is caused by the heater blowing right on top of it not a good design.. does anyone know the part #

Thanks Ryan

Ryan,

If you are turning the switch and not even hearing a click the problem is the module. The module is all electronic so I doubt it would be anything that can be repaired. The part number is 1L54-7H417-AE. Contact Torrie at Ford Parts Network (site sponsor) and he will get you the part cheaper than a dealer. Not sure if I would want to buy one of these used because they seem to just fail randomly. Below is a link to the project to install...

George

Last edited by a moderator: