844lb Shark caught off the Florida panhandle..

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Griffith 2

Reaction score
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20071015/ap_on_fe_st/odd_monster_shark;_ylt=AlXYtbGD3PvJVym5YOg_Tfms0NUE

dum dum dum...another one bites the dust...

Umm yeah Jeff I know you can eat shark...

You still don't need to kill it cut the line and leave.

And Gary, they don't swim in my backyard why should i swim in theirs.

Paul

Paul -

Rest assured, all the fish caught in these tournaments are eaten. There are even tournaments that keep the fish and take them to local shelters and feed the homeless. I fished a tournament last year where this was the case.

I know that my husband and I will keep certain fish that make excellent table-fare. It saves us hundreds of dollars in meals a year. And, there is nothing nicer than spending a long, hot day out in the gulf, coming home, and cooking some fresh fish on the grill with your good friends and family.

The bottom line is that we are the top of the food chain. If there was something bigger and smarter than us humans, that tricked us into getting ourselves caught and eaten, then we would no longer be the top. :lol:

Bill V,

Sweet fish. One day I will catch me something like that. Maybe a Blue or White Marlin.

Tom

Thanks Caymen! I was told at the time that at 106", it was four inches short of the Florida state record for the type of tackle we were using. (Far lighter than what is typically used for sailfish fishing--but I don't know any further details than that.)

They drug that fish for 4 hours back to the dock. Hardly what I would call good table fare. Oh, and fishing never pays for your meals. It always costs more to catch it yourself unless your a boat ho on someone elses boat. Boats aren't free you know. They say's he's fished 40 years and never seen one that big before. Chances are he won't again nor will his grandchildren. Yeah, lets kill the breed stock. Sad.

I live in FL, minutes away from both fresh and salt waters. I OWN 3 boats. It costs me nothing but gas, which I would probably use to travel elsewhere that day anyway if not on one of my boats. I use mostly lures, which purchased over time do not hurt the wallet. I also catch my own bait to use instead of buying. Yes, I buy a sub to take with me, but I'd still probably buy a sub if I were elsewhere. I see no additional costs here.