A/C Vent Doors

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Collin Lyon

Reaction score
I've figured out so far my A/C is working fine, but the vent door on the passenger side moves back and forth on it's own, going back and forth from cold to hot.

Questions: What part is out of whack - actuator? motor? Does anyone have a diagram that shows how to get to this part?

Last time I worked on an A/C was on my old '70 Cougar - way different now!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance, all . . .

See you have the Limited trim, so probably has the electronic HVAC controls. For parts diagram try site sponsor Fast Parts Network website. Look at YouTube video I found. Let us know how you fixed it.

My 2010 electronic blend door is jacked up too- blows oposite of what I want. All the instructions I could find invovled taking entire dash out or cutting dash in half. Dealer quoted close to a $1,100 due to it's a lobor intensive job.

This morning I found this video and now it looks very doable. Plus I could read the part number off the actuator.

Engineering Part # 1L2H-19E616-CD

Ford Part # 1L2Z-19E616-CA ($55.00)

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, guys. Sorry I didn't mention I have the electronic dual HVAC. I'll take a look at these, and will get back with you. I have a couple of people here who know a heck of a lot more than I about this.

Too bad (for me) these vids are for Gen1 Tracs. They mention the actuator being on the driver's side. My problem is with just one side (passenger). With dual climate control A/C's, would there be 2 actuators?

Run this test. I have the same noises as yours. The actuators are the same for auto climate control. from what I've seen the passenger side is much easier to change. My self test shows I have a bad driver side blender actuator- code 6622

HVAC MODULE - EATC ON-DEMAND SELF TEST

The HVAC Module - EATC On-Demand Self Test will retrieve on-demand (hard fault) DTCs only, it will not retrieve continuous DTCs. Continuous DTCs can be cleared when exiting the HVAC Module - EATC On-Demand Self Test. Make sure to retrieve continuous DTCs by carrying out the HVAC Module - EATC - Retrieve Continuous DTCs procedure before clearing any continuous DTCs.

- The HVAC Module - EATC On-Demand Self Test will not detect concerns associated with data link messages like engine coolant temperature or vehicle speed signals. A scan tool must be used to retrieve these concerns.

- The HVAC Module - EATC On-Demand Self Test will detect concerns in the system control functions and will display on-demand (hard fault) DTCs for concerns that are present during the self-test. The vehicle interior temperature should be between 4?C-38?C (40?F-100?F) when carrying out the self-test. If the temperatures are not within the specified ranges, false DTCs may be displayed.

- The self-test can be initiated after cycling the ignition switch from OFF to ON. Normal operation of the climate control system stops when the self-test is activated.

- To enter the self-test, press the OFF and DEFROST buttons simultaneously and release, then press the AUTO button within 2 seconds . The display will show a flashing blower icon for 20 seconds , after which all vacuum fluorescent segments will be displayed if there are no on-demand DTCs present. If DTCs are present, the HVAC module - EATC will display "00 00" and then on-demand DTCs. Record all DTCs displayed.

- If any DTCs appear during the self-test, carry out the diagnostic procedure. Refer to the HVAC Module DTC Chart and follow the ACTION for each DTC given. See: Diagnostic Trouble Code Tests and Associated Procedures\HVAC Module DTC Chart

- If a condition exists, but no DTCs appear during the self-test, GO to Symptom Chart Condition: The EATC System Is Inoperative, Intermittent or Incorrect Operation. See: Symptom Related Diagnostic Procedures

- To exit the self-test and retain all DTCs, press any button except DEFROST. The HVAC module - EATC will exit the self-test and retain all DTCs.

- To exit the self-test and clear all DTCs, press the DEFROST button. The HVAC module - EATC will exit the self-test and all DTCs will be cleared.

- Always exit the self-test before powering the system down (system turned OFF). Once the self-test is exited, the ignition switch must remain ON for at least 30 seconds to allow the door actuators to automatically recalibrate.

- Continuous DTCs will be deleted after 80 ignition switch ON cycles after the intermittent fault occurs.

I just saw your post, after taking the middle dash off. I have pics, but the squared actuators I was sold at AutoZone were incorrect, imo. I don't anything about A/C stuff, but it looms like the actuators in mine are cylindrical. I'll post the pics later.