A/C wiring question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
For all those electrical whizzes - 'O5 ST. :angry: HATE :angry: that I have to have the A/C on with the bi-level, or partial defrost. Sometime I want it, sometimes I don't - wish that Ford had put a simple A/C switch in, which I want to do.

Question is, can a switch be put in for the a/c relay, and where do I find the proper wiring?

My local Ford dealership has undergone a 90% staff overhaul (due to poor distant owners) and no one there has a frikkin clue. :wacko:

If you interrupt the A/C cluctch wiring with a single pole single throw switch you could diable the A/C when not desired. Mount the switch in the cab and you have control of the A/C compressor.

DJ - I agree.

Look around for a small switch with like color. I don't know if they, or something similar, is available, but the A/C switch in my '85 4Runner is about 1/2" square and lighted the same color as the rest of the ST dash. It would fit near the current controls.

The only problem I can thing of is that much of the ST is microprocessor controlled and you may have to search for the appropriate wire, which may be between the control and the compressor. Another thing to think about - is the compressor the only thing engaged when the stock switch turns on the A/C (I hope so).

For '03 the A/C clutch relay wire is gray/white. There is a multi-pin connector below the ABS controls, from the Battery Junction Box.

Latest posts