A Gift from my wife

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gerry Mac

Reaction score
Hi guys,

My wife, Patti, bought me a gift for surviving stage 4 Cancer. here is the gift. This is my very first "new boat" I love it. Its a 17 1/2 Bayliner Bowrider Ski and Fish, 115 HP outboard. All the usual bells and whistles including wireless trolling motor, GPS Fishfinder, live well etc.

I sold my 1995 16 foot Invader prior to surgery because the Oncologist and Surgeon frankly told us that the prognosis was poor. Post surgery now and the prognosis is good. The surgeon, a urologist, says that he cannot explain why the surgery went as well as it did. He attributes the success to my attitude. I attribute my attitude to the friends I have on this site and my wonderful wife.

I just picked it up yesterday and have not put it in the water yet. Maybe tomorrow.

Anyway, the boat.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, that looks just as good behind the Sport Trac as I'm sure it does in the water.

Blessings come in many forms. A new boat is a great addition.:supercool:

That's awesome Gerry, the boat's nice too!

Make sure you post pics once you're afloat. :haveabeer:

Great news about the recovery glad everything is turning out well.

:haveabeer::haveabeer:

New Boat. Buy good life jackets and drive it like you are going to need them. Also never use any gasoline with ethanol.

:driving::driving:

Beautiful! And built across the road from where I went to high school, I believe, Vivian, LA. Congrats on your recovery!

hi Mel,

I am putting it in at Falcon Lake this Saturday and Sunday. I really wanted to go in over this last long weekend but was certain all the regular waterways would be very busy. I am looking forward to it.

Thanks

Gerry Mac

Gerry, hope Falcon treats you well. weather looks to be good too. I'm up north from you on Lee River. Hopefully the great weather lasts until December (lol).

Mel

I'm up north from you on Lee River. Hopefully the great weather lasts until December (lol).

I actually know Lee River quite well. I have spent numerous nights at Tulabi. I won't be going there with this boat though. I have friends and colleagues on Lee River.

The summer has been superb, I missed most of it but I am ready to carry it forward for another couple of months.

Best to you

Gerry Mac

Latest posts