A Possible Trade In

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey now, I have a 94 Tbird LX and that SOB has been a rock. Extremely easy to work on (can't say that for any damn Honda), minus the EGR valve replacement. It got 26 mpg and had solid hp/torque for a 4.6 motor. Though, when you swap the 16V out for a 32V from a Mark VIII, put in 3.73 trak-lock, and lower it 1.25 inches, it becomes one fast, sweet ride. I did less work to that car (which I still have and mod regularly).

I've never had any weird rattles with my Tbird or my ST like I did with my 07 Prius. That car was a POS. Something always rattling inside or outside that car. The only foreign car I've driven that I like (outside of pretty much any BMW) have been Saabs. I've driven many VWs and I would never buy one because you simply can't do a lick of work on them unless you spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars in tools. Saabs are the same way, but they sure are nice...like a BMW. I've never driven a Toyota I like. I liked the 97 Prelude I had, but it was a money pit - other than that, never driven a Honda I liked.

I test drove the F($&* out of a many SUVs/trucks prior to getting my ST. The Toyotas and Hondas in the $15-22K range were simply awful IMO. I didn't drive one I liked that had the versatility and options I wanted. If the Navigator didn't get such HORRIBLE mileage and cost so much, I would have bought one. However, I love the bed on my ST and don't think I could not have a truck now.