?? about silverstar fog lamps

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EddieS'04

In Memoriam 1950-2022
Reaction score
Which ones will put out the most light for fogs. The silverstar 9145(actual replacement) or the silverstar 9005 trimed to fit the base. Not talking about ultras, just the regular silverstars.

Thanks.:)

i would get the 9145s since thats the actual bulb but the 9005 will fit without any modification... so yea....

im using 9005 ultras

I can get a twin pak of 9005 STs', cheaper than 9145 STs' and a $5 rebate. They didnt have any twin paks of 9005 ultras. The 9145 doesnt come in an ultra.

9145's or H10s are about 55 watts. Silverstars 9005's are 65 watts The 9005's are going to generate a little more heat and probably give a little less life in this application/

I personally hate silverstars......

I have to constantly replace 1 of them every year or so....

I have OEM in my 03... Original bulbs... I have replaced the silverstars in my 04 probably 3 times alreday....

I just had a headlight go, I put OEM bulbs back in..

Todd Z

I've never had problems with the Silverstars. I put a set of 9007's in my headlights about four years ago, and they're still going strong. When the Silverstar Ultra's came out, I moved my original Silverstar 9007's to my RV (2007 Ford E450 chassis) and put 9007 Ultra's in the Trac. I also have had the same set Silverstar 9145's in my fogs for about three years with no problems.

Some one here in town was following me last year and found out it was a Sport Trac. It did have very bright fogs. It had to be the brights. It was very annoying. I don't recommend the brights in the fogs!

i don't remember the number silverstar ultra's i used in my gen 1 foglights, but as mentioned if i got 6 months that was a long time. they burnt out often, but were great for the extra light.

Latest posts