AC & Heat vents

Help Support SportTrac.org:

blert

Reaction score
Is that the only damage? Is that pic taken through the glove box opening? If so, find the other ends and patch them yourself. Cost a few bucks.
Find some tubing the size and type of the original. Find some other, slightly softer, tubing that fits snuggly around the smaller stuff. Push it all together tightly and seal with silicon. Not perfect but should work at least.

Fred Stiteler

Reaction score
The tech said he couldn't find the other ends, so they would have to pull the (heater/motor) box. Fifteen years ago I could have done what you recommend. Today with a back that won't let me stand or walk, isn't going to let me get into there to work. Constant pain in back and legs. And 77 years under my belt.

blert

Reaction score
Damn, I wish could help you out but there is a whole country between us. Best I can do for you would be to take my glove box out and trace down those lines and see if it can be done without ripping the dash apart. Mine is an '01j2 though so don't know if it is the same up in there.

Powly

2010 ST Gen 2 Adrenalin V8 AWD
Reaction score
Any flexible grandkids or nieces/nephews who want to earn a few bucks and learn auto mechanics?

Fred Stiteler

Reaction score
Grand kids all under 10. Nieces and nephews all too far away and not inclined. Stepson works so hard he doesn't have time for anything especially 12 hours work on my truck. But thanks for the suggestion.

Todd Z

Reaction score
See if Facebook market or other places have back yard guy that may just be able to patch 1 line and make something work.... ALSO with the lines leaking the motor will run lean and can cause more damage then good.