AC Issue on my 2003

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Steve Kaufman

Reaction score
I have an 03 and my AC is not cooling at all. I know that it could be no freeon, but could there be a hole or something in the line. Im scared that this is going to cost a lot to fix, what do you think?

i dont know if the 03 uses freon or 134a... but if its 134a, you could go to an auto store and get a recharging kit...i dont remember how expensive they are, but its really quick and easy to do.

Had the same problem too, at 50,000 miles. Dealer replaced the following items: 2 "O" rings, condenser and refrigerant plus labor. Fortunately, the ESP I bought 2 yrs. ago covered it minus the $100 deductible.

Hope this info helps you out.

RangerOne

Can add the 134a your self with the dye in it.... Run the system and using a small black light ( all can be bought cheaply) look for the dye.... There is the leak....

IT could be a pin hole in something, a bad seal or a bad schrade valve....

I would add a can of the 134a using the store bought kit and go from there...

Todd Z

If you add a store bought can or 134A, make sure you put it in the "low pressure" side of the a/c system with the truck running, and a/c turned on.

If the compressor is not pulling in. You might have to jump out the low pressure switch, to add the 134A and die.

Latest posts