AC sucks!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
You know, I sold my Honda Si to get a SLUT - Sport Luxuary Utility Truck. I couldn't afford a Lincoln Mark LT, So I bought the 07 ST loaded. Close to a SLUT but a little lower quality. And much more "Plasticy". I have to say I enjoy most of it. But the AC just down right eats ass. And the Max AC sucks even more. I know one thing, when I bought my little Honda new, the AC could freeze my balls (if the vents were aimed properly). This gas eating whore of a ST sucks my gas and feeds me "slightly cool air". I still love her though... :wub: The SLUT she almost is...

You might want the dealer to check your A/C pressure. Many of the new style F150s are coming from the factory one pound undercharged. This will be topped up for free under warranty.

ALSO if you have it on max and have a heavy foot the fords shut off the compressor early as not to cause damage...

Another thing is the HIGH fan setting will actually blow WARMER air then the one lower down...

So try that....

Todd Z

Todd Z, thanks for saying that about the high fan setting blowing warmer air. I noticed the same thing, but thought I was just nuts.

As for the heat, I took a shot of my (black) truck thermometer registering 108° last summer. Haven't managed to beat that yet this year.

The thing on high fan makes sense, as you're blowing the air through the coils faster, so it cools less.

However high fan will circulate air in the cabin better when on Max AC. I turn the front and back fans on high to get it cooling quick, then turn them down a notch or two.

I love how the heat brings out the talk of AC.

What AC????? there is AC in the ST? I havent used it yet. and Todd Knows.. it is in the high 90's to 100 here in CT

I like the windows open and the wind.

What AC????? there is AC in the ST? I havent used it yet. and Todd Knows.. it is in the high 90's to 100 here in CT

I like the windows open and the wind.

Don't think I could ever have one that's too cold... lol that's why there is a thermostat to turn it down :)

You're in Ohio - what do you need AC for? Mine said 108 over the weekend - sweet, open all the windows and the sunroof - it's starting to warm up.

Oh yeah,iIt's a Ford cost saving measure - the further North, the less charge in your system.

grump

Yep my 05 A/C is ice cold. My best setting is 'normal' with the fan on 2-3. It freezes my ears and gives me a headache. I love my frozen ears and headaches. I did have a problem at about 10,000 miles with my A/C hi pressure switch failed. Replaced under warranty and good as new. McGrady, take yours back to the dealer and have it checked out. I bet you are low or some other problem.

Latest posts