Accessory Delay

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bryan Wilson

Reaction score
2007 ST XLT. I had the Dealer install an AVIC-D3 when I bought it used with 12000 miles on it. They completely messed up the install but that another story. I have everything worked out except Accessory Delay. I had the stock radio for a few days prior to the install so I know it worked properly prior to the new HU.

Owners manual says Accessory Delay keeps power on the Power Windows, Moon Roof, and Radio for 10 mins or until drivers door opens. I have the 2007 ST wiring diagram manual and I see the Accessory Delay Relay, it powers the windows and moon roof but nowhere does it show a connection to the radio.

Is the Audio Accessory Delay a function of the Can Bus or am I just missing something? I tried hooking power up to Acc and Start on the radio plug and neither give me the delay.

Since I don't have a Moon Roof I guess I could check to see if there is still power at that fuse, increase it's size and tap it for the radio so it doesn't shut off till I get out of the truck.

Idea's or suggestions?

I installed the D3 myself. The Window delay still works. I don't think the D3 will work with the delay system. Searched AVIC411.com and they also say the delay cannot be wired to the radio. If the window and sunroof delay is not working I don't think it's a radio problem.

Sounds like the dealer should fix the window and sun roof problem.

The Windows work properly. I think you are right though the Accessory Delay for the Radio will not work on the D3 as is but I think if I wire the Acc wire from the D3 to the output of the relay (with a fuse of course) it should work properly.

Same deal with my Clarion, I believe it is a data signal to the factory radio that tells it to stay, if I remember correctly I had to run an ignition feed (it's been about a year, dont quite recall)

Latest posts