Accessory Powered up till door is Opened

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony Tassillo

Reaction score
[Broken External Image]:

this schematic shows you how to wire up a circuit to have your accessory circuit powered till the driver door is opened. driver door trigger is Yellow/Black (all wires are color coded for Gen 1 ST's. no more having to turn the key on to finish rolling up windows wanna listen to the radio with keys out of the ignition while waiting on your kids to come out of school? hook this up will work no prob.. need anymore info let me know.

aaahhhh - just saw other post - I guess some don't. Maybe it is the electronics convenience package option?? Both my STs had that. Just a thought.

grump

MPTony, could you e-mail me with the steps to do it? (I'm pretty savy with wiring since I do Remote Starters) I understand the schematic you posted but not quite sure of the wire (red or indigo) that needs run. I'm very interested in doing this. Thanks.;)

no man..... on the 07 tracs they come standard with the RAP (retained accessory power) well the older one didnt unless you have the electronics convenience package well i made a way for those who werent as fortunate to have it as well.

MPTony, sorry dude, could you send it again. My wife accidently deleated it without me seeing it. (funny thing is she had no way of knowing what she was doing but she got it accomplished) Thanks.;)

TO ALL::::: LOOK AT PIC AGAIN I HAVE CHANGED IT.... IT WAS WRONG IT IS NOW RIGHT. i was explaining to my girlfriend how it works and i realized it was wrong.... sorry.

Girlfriend? In your post about the Chrome handles, you mentioned your wife. Dude, you need to make sure they don't find out about each other!!! Your secret is safe with me!!!

Latest posts