Accessory Powered up till door is Opened

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So do do this mod we need to purchase 5 of the same relays and then do the wiring? Or are the relays in the car and we need to just run the wires? Also is it possible to just use the input from the drivers door because then when your passengers open their doors before the windows are up you dont have to put the key in again? Im sure i will have more questions but thanks in advance for your help.

MPTony, I have the Pioneer AVIC Z1 in my 07 so I no longer have the power up till the door is opened functionality. Did I hook up something wrong or do I need a workaround to regain the functionality with the aftermarket head unit?

Thanks,

Lil Red

Hey Lil Red. I'm not trying to hijack this thread, but since you're watching it for a response I thought I'd try to talk you into coming to the Dallas Mini Meet on Saturday. I'd love to see your '07 up close.

:D

Lil Red, I wouldn't think you would loose that function even with an aftermarket HU. My dad had an Aftermarket HU put in his Caddy a while back and it still stayed on till the doors were opened. Check the wiring.;)

Thanks EricP, I'll try to make it out. I'll clean the Trac Friday evening and join you all Saturday. We've got a newborn so I hadn't been planning much lately but I will try to make it over to Grapevine for a while. Thanks again EricP!

Latest posts