Active Green & Ross = Ripoff

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Randy Hall

Reaction score
Just a heads up to anyone in the Toronto area. CityTV ran a report on the store on Dundas Street that tried to rip a woman off of $900.00 for a brake job on a Lexus for a safety certificate.

The car had been serviced by her father before he handed it over to his daughter. She just needed the safety because her father had the work done out of province. Once she told her father of the potential charges he had her bring it to a Lexus dealership in Scarborough. Guess what? The brakes were fine and the car was certified for the cost of the certification. They told her the brakes would be good for at least one year.

:angry:

I obviously don't have them, it was an estimate. I just know that to get my brakes done was like $300 for front and rears.

Toyota and its siblings parts and service are exspensive...a freind was charged $1400 for a steering rack unit replacment on his Avalon....I told him you got ripped off....after the fact he called around and found he could have got it done for less than half with a better warranty...

MIDAs here in the states is good for that.

A few years a go my daughter took her newly acquired, but used, car to have the brakes checked at a MIDAS brake place. Seems it needed about $6-700 work, We said NO thanks and they made us sign a paper (to itimimidate us probably) saying they were not responsible if anything happened for not having them fix brakes.

Took it to dealer next fday and guess what? Brakes were almost new.

biznaga...How can they make you sign something like that..did they threaten to not give the car back?...I would never sign something like that...

On a similar note, a few years back I took my car to a local gas station for a state inspection. I failed b\c there was something loose in the steering. they printed out a bunch of papers saying I had failed inspection yada yada yada. then they tried to make me sign one of the papers that was stamped that the car failed inspection and needed repairs and that I would have them do the repairs to my car. I refused to sign it b\c I was not going to have them do the repairs. I ended up having to call the police b\c the refused to give me my car back without signing it. The cop made them cross out the stamp they had put on it and he initialed it so I would have a record of it.

Latest posts