.. Active Suspension MIA

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Lang

Reaction score
NM....I found a project in the library (missed it before) on A.S. , which answered my questions, and now I just need to look for a place to buy.

Thanks,

--Kevin

I see someone cleaned out the Aftermarket parts page, killing off the horde of dead links, but the active suspension links are gone as well.

Active suspension seemed like a cool idea, and while I am looking into shocks and the sway bar(s), I thought I'd try out these things and have a suspension trifecta.

Bed sag from a load being drastically reduced seems well worth it to me. While I'm on the subject, what do you guys think of the a.s.?

The suspension on my ride is horrendous...to make those 90 degree turns which abound everywhere, I either have to cut through the other lane, or the shoulder (signs of bad driving IMO), or go faster and tap the brake to slide into the turn, which creates some nice squealing wheels (I love rwd), but it doesn't bode well for passenger satisfaction.

If I don't do one of those 2, my ride feels like she's going to roll over, which would not be a good thing. Also, I'm tired of going ultra-slow on curved roads where I don't know the curves in advance...it feels wrong.

(and the A.S. claimed it could be a substitute for a sway bar, and since it was cheaper--iirc--then I could get the shocks and a way to utilize them more fully, while saving some $, as the sway bars are pretty costly with the shocks, and I need to wait for my funds to accumulate...that isn't why the a.s. was removed, is it?)

Last edited by a moderator:
Kevin,

You can get it right off their website...

Todd Z