Adding Fog Lights To the XLT

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
I’ve been wanting to add fog lights to my XLT for a while now. My wife got me a new set of stock fog lights for a sport Trac and I was wondering how to wire them in. Currently considering adding an attachable fuse to the fuse box where the fog lamps would go if they came that way from the factory. That’s my best thought so far, but I’m welcome to suggestions.

Someone likely has a wiring diagram that will answer your question,
but need Year+Engine? Best to put this info in your profile+signature.

I went to install factory fogs i got from dealer and doing all the plugs and switching out the knob seemed crazy so i took it back and went aftermarket and ran a fused switch to console and has worked great for 15 years and brighter then my other trac factory fogs. tracking a factory wiring issue with fuses and relays and several plugs compared to a fuse and plug was a no brainer for me and the simple install was a plus, i order a base sport trac in 04 so i have quite a few empty fuse locations. fords electrical systems are not the best to say the least.

On a side note i added a fog slash light bar to front of my trac and it puts out a wider flood of yellow on another level compared to the fog lights in the factory location, if ya live in a foggy location as i did, the newer technology is on a different level and price was 40 bucks a few years back, but the distance and wide beam is better, i have it mounted on a bull bar, just throwing that out there if your looking for a good fog light. i think it is 24 inches and curved and led.

On a side note i added a fog slash light bar to front of my trac and it puts out a wider flood of yellow on another level compared to the fog lights in the factory location, if ya live in a foggy location as i did, the newer technology is on a different level and price was 40 bucks a few years back, but the distance and wide beam is better, i have it mounted on a bull bar, just throwing that out there if your looking for a good fog light. i think it is 24 inches and curved and led.
I went to install factory fogs i got from dealer and doing all the plugs and switching out the knob seemed crazy so i took it back and went aftermarket and ran a fused switch to console and has worked great for 15 years and brighter then my other trac factory fogs. tracking a factory wiring issue with fuses and relays and several plugs compared to a fuse and plug was a no brainer for me and the simple install was a plus, i order a base sport trac in 04 so i have quite a few empty fuse locations. fords electrical systems are not the best to say the least.
I may just do that! Thanks!

Latest posts