Adrenalin AWD question

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brad B

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
Why is it that the Adrenalin only comes in AWD, but you can get the others with regular 4x4 with high/low range? Looking at a new Adrenalin, but I like the fact that my '07 can be locked in 4 high when driving on slippery roads. I don't like waiting until the wheels slip to have all 4 wheels powered.

They also come in 2 wheel drive! Although, you will not find a new one very easy. I am a Ford salesman and they are almost all gone and Ford is not making anymore.. 2010 is the last year of the Sport Trac.. ):

The adrenalin is more of an on road model.....So i guess the engineers feel you don't need that option......

Honestly No clue...

Todd Z

Engineers provided the option for 4 high. You can lock it via the onboard computer. Your selection is something like:

>AWD

4WD

I forget the sequence, but I think on the center console you hit setup until you see the selection I typed above, and then hit info or reset to get the "less than" symbol to move between the two. When done, simply go back and move it to AWD again.

But no, there is no 4 low--unless you use 4WD and shift into 1st gear.

Last edited by a moderator:
Adam,

Actually your post is very cool! It made me wonder how many other "options" we don't know about. Is there a service document that details all of the set-up choices? In fact, I had a 2007 ST that had a battery problem that once threw me into the set-up mode on the display, and I was amazed at the options available. Is there a cheat sheet anywhere that can help me access them? I now own a 2010 ST-A

Dave :eek:nline:

Last edited by a moderator:
most people never open or read their owner's manual.. alot of that stuff is in there! Or maybe they just didn't have a good salesperson where they bought!!!

Thanks Adam. That will work. Can you shift to 4wd on-the-fly through the display? And it would be much easier with the buttons on the dash. My XLT just has the button on the guages, that would be a pain.

Don't know really. I would assume you could because it should be as if AWD kicked on. Without seeing it in the manual, though, I would bring it to a stop then do it.

Hey guys i have a 4wd and high can be hit on the go but my low i have to stop and put it in neutral than press button to lock it in and that info is in your manuals

The stuff I saw when I had the power problem is WAY beyond the stuff you can access by hitting the set-up and scrolling through the choices. It is not documented in the owners manual.

It was like I had accessed a deeper menu that is not normally available. It reminded my of info that is returned by plugging in to the "black box" (sorry - I'm not a mechanic)

It does exist - I have seen it. :banghead:

Latest posts