Adrenalin & Ipod

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I have an 05 Adrenalin model with the Pioneer six disc 510 watt factory audio system that is offered with the Adrenalin. I'm currently using my Ipod with an FM transmitter in the lighter. Does anyone know if there is an auxiliary input on the backside of this Pioneer unit that would allow me to plug in the Ipod directly?

I hope you have better luck with your radio than I have. I've had mine repaired twice, and finally got a new one on the last visit to the dealership. Now two months later this one is constantly scanning when I hit the seek button and the reception sucks. -Heather

Apparently the feature you are asking for with the aux input will be availible on the 2007 STs...not that it helps now. Sorry.

I've actually had absolutely no radio problems at all. The Ipod works OK as is with the FM transmitter but just doesn't have the volume in this system as CD's, etc. My brother's new Impala has an auxiliary out right on the front of the stereo that he has able to plug his Ipod into and it sounds great this way. Tha's why I was wondering if my Pioneer unit might have one on the backside.

Hey Rich,

I've got the same ST, and I have a question for you. There's a lot of discussion here about the speaker quality and adding subs and such. Now, I'm a bit of an audio nut, but I have no intention of loading my ST with over-the-top audio gear. Also, I've not heard the other systems in '05s or earlier myself - just my own. So my question to you is quite general really: what do you think of this system? To me, there's more than enough bass, overall power, and clarity. OK, the radio could do with better reception, true, but I've heard much worse.

My only sore point is the way it was marketed: 9 speaker system. To me, that 9 individual speaker locations, like my last car.

I've not read an isolated discussion of the audio in the 2005 Adrenalin here. Aside from additional connectivity what would you change if you could?

Appreciate your input,

Kruncher

Not sure if the Adrenalin Pioneer unit has an auxilary input on the back of it for an external CD changer system or not. (most name brand units, a stock option or not, usually do) But if so you can get a direct plug in adapter cable that plugs into the aux port on the Head Unit and the I/O port on the bottom of your ipod for line out quality sound. I have one for my Kenwood MD deck and love it! I just switch it over to Aux when the iPod is plugged in and use the iPod like normal. Plays through the HU loud and clear. It also uses the trucks power to play/charge your ipod while its plugged in and the truck is on. The HU controls the volume. It's great! The best part is I got mine super fast and very cheap. I got it from the link below, they make them themselves. I checked and they do have one for the Pioneer aux port.

Here are couple of pics from my setup. I've been waiting to show it off hahah. I followed a project on here for the base, but modified it for my liking..

Aux plug on head unit:

[Broken External Image]:

End of ipod cable run through the console:

[Broken External Image]:

The tray and cable:

[Broken External Image]:

Shows the ipod in place:

[Broken External Image]:

In stealth mode:

[Broken External Image]:

Here is the place I got mine from:

Wow sorry Rich, I just realized I asked the same question you did with an answer you already knew about. :( Sometimes I'm a retard..

Rich does your system have the Sat capabilites? (A "sat" button?)if so you have options:

This plugs into the sat connector on Sport Trac factory head units to create an RCA aux input. Not sure if your model has this or not.

http://www.installer-data.com/item/display_item.php?it=frdn-aux-s

I did a search on the pioneer head unit and didn't come up with much.

As a last resort you could also go with an FM Modulator, which plugs inline through the antanae jack. It then provides an RCA aux connection. If you go to this page and about halfway down you will see a listing for one, Model # FMM100:

http://www.installer.com/cars/ford.html

[Broken External Image]:

From their blurb:

FM Modulator

WORKS WITH ANY CAR RADIO

There many LOUSY FM modulators on the market that really suck!

This one is very very good..

Perfect for MP3s

If you don't see your car listed on any of the AUX INPUT adapters above then this will be your only option. Beggars can't be choosers! This modulator is a direct connect and actually switches your car antenna out of the circuit when you turn it on to help eliminate any unwanted FM interference...

Last edited by a moderator: