Adrenalin stereo in non-Adrenalin truck

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anybody put a Adrenalin system in a non-Adrenalin truck? I came across a the Adrenalin radio, amp and under the seat sub out of another 04 but I was not able to get the harness that goes from the radio to the amp and back to the sub. Does anybody know if there is a harness I could order? My local Ford parts is less than helpful and the only thing I see is a Adrenalin kit but they couldn't tell me what it contained.

Thanks in advance.

The last thing I knew, the harness was part of a MAIN truck body harness and the $$ is not worth it........

Todd Z

pin outs, pin outs, pin outs... all you need is the pin outs for the accessory and you can custom wire yourself all kinds of cool stuff. My thought is that most of the wires you need (but not plug ends) are all ready there. you will just be missing what ever wires the sub and amp need. If you can read wiring diagrams it should not be to bad.

However, personally unless you really have your heart set on using the adrenalin pioneer stereo it is my opinion that you just upgrade to a aftermarket stereo because it would be just as nice or better and you would have lots of support for an easy installation. (mind you that pioneer set up is nice)

I put a really nice "system" in my car and wiring in the aftermarket stuff is almost as complicated as what you would need to do to actually install this adrenaline unit. So the actual difficulty would depend on your ability to get the wiring diagrams and if tt requires special plugs (which I believe it most certainly dose) to get those. The adrenaline unit would also retain the use of the rear remote control if I am not mistaken if that is an important consideration for you.

-Don D.