Advice: Removing A pillar, passenger side moulding

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A K

Reaction score
I'm just looking for any tips and/or tricks. I do not know what I did with my trim removal tool, so I am going to use a BBQ fork for leverage on the pins. Any other things for which I should be aware? Thanks folks.

for your a-pillar, Just pull. I have taken mine off a million times and now have my gauge pod upholsted on there so there are no lines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dallas,

I might have missed it but did you finish installing your guage pod project with guages installed. If so, I'd love to see some pics....:unsure:

Chet

It's not as simple as pulling it off on the newer STs because the Oh Sh!t handle was relocated to the A pillar. You'll have to see how the handle is held on. There's usually some caps to give it a smooth appearance, if you remove those, that should give you access to the screws holding it on. Once the handle's removed, the A pillar trim should pop off.

chet,

I moulded it in but I could get a greay that matched the interior and the wrinkle paint didnt turn out as good as I wanted it to so I took it to an upholstery shop and got it upholstered in vinyl.. i'll post pics soon

Looking forward to seeing it Dallas. Mine is still sitting in the living room here beside me and I better do something with it soon or my better half is going to make a plant holder out of it.:eek:

Chet