Aftermarket stereo with factory sub

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Hiatt

Reaction score
There is a way to use a aftermarket stereo and retain the factory sub. I was talking to some installers at Best Buy and they sold me the necessary adapters to make it all work.

The items needed is a '98 Ford Premium sound harness part #70-5700 and pack of RCA ends, Part # RCA4, whitch you will only use two. The RCA's will splice into the corrosponding colors on the smaller of the three harness adaptors and plug into the sub output in the aftermarket stereo. The grand total for this was about $30.00 I know that this has been a subject of concern for many people on here, and I just wanted to pass along what I had found.

I got my new radio installed using the connectors I purchased from Best Buy. The only problem is, I am getting alot of voice from the subwoofer now. It is like the low pass filter is now gone, and it now overpowers the other speakers. I still need to learn how the new radio works so hopefully that will fix it. Plus I am getting a turn on "thump" that is annoying.

Chad

Chad, I had the issue with the turn on thump as well. The issue is that Ford uses something like a 5 volt turn on for the factory amp where everyone else uses the 12 volts. You need a (darnit; brain fart):wacko: to bring it down to around 5 volts and the thump will be eliminated.

Latest posts