Agressive Mud Tires Biggest O. D.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

colby mincey

Reaction score
Got a 2002 ST 4x4 no lift it has 255/70/16 factory cupping goodyear wranglers on it. Was wondering what would be the biggest Overall Diameter tires (exp 31.2 or,33.4) that would fit with minimal scrubbing. Im leaning towards BF Goodwrench Mud Terrain or Pro Comp Mud Terrain. I want as big as possible with out knocking the lugs out of the tire on the torsion bar. Any suggestion and or thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Assuming you're at stock height, 32" is about the max so that means a 265/75-16 if you want to use your stock rims. Regardless, my 265's hit the swaybar but not the torsion bar. The best setup really would be a 32x11.50-15 on a 15x8 rim with 3.75" backspace to set the tire outboard a little bit. Either of those tires would be good, but I think you mean BF Goodrich. Goodwrench = Chevy, which is a bad thing, and friends don't let friends drive Chevys. :lol:

Sorry to disagree with you johnny, but I really suggest BF Goodrich Mud Terrain or All-Terrain, those things are great off and on road. My All-Terrain T/As have gotten me up some hills I would have been stuck on with inferior tires (friend with wranglers got stuck). Hope that helps you make your decision.

Now i am curious on what size hould he use because i am wondering the same thing about mine. Are 265/75/R16's to big? Please let me know.