Air Bag flashing console lamp

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joel Bell

Reaction score
Hi all,

My 2004 ST is flashing the Air Bag Lamp with a 4.2 sequence.

I've researched the forum here and the issue seems to be the front air bag sensor.

I've took it off and cleaned it (no outside corrosion) and added another ground wire.

Sometimes the air bag lamp does its thing, others it doesn't come on at all.

If left unconnected, the air bag lamp flashes 4...2.... (so I guess the sensor is bad)????

Where can I get one at a reasonable price?

# 4L14-14B006-AA

(I've searched the web for this number with no luck - I guess its changed to a newer revision?)

I had the same issue.

Had my Trac at the dealer getting free brakes put on and they replaced the sensor for free as well. I was well over the mileage so I did not think to ask about it. They said the ABS had extended miles on it as it was in the "safety group."

True or not, I had no charge. Might be worth calling them to see.

Do a search in swap and sale. I think someone had a new one for sale awhile back.

see link

Last edited by a moderator:
That's the RCM or crash module Eddie. But a darn steal of a deal on one!

Joel ground the sensor housing, not the mounting bracket, to the frame and see if it goes away. I just assisted another in pinpointing the same issue and the problem is there was corrosion between the sensor housing and the riveted on mounting bracket.

I think the correct base number is 14B004. FORDPARTS.COM says list price is $57.03, should be able to buy it for $45 +/-.

Maybe Roger here can verify that. Hello Roger.......come in.........

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine went bad a while ago and I beleive I got it at the stealership for about 60$. Mine was going flunky for a bit before it completely died and had no obvious damadge, but when it finally calfed there was an obvious crack right around the connector.