Air horn wiring

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adam Smith 2

Reaction score
I got all the wiring done for my air horns, including the city/highway toggle, toggles for up to four accessories to be controlled by the horn switch, and a test button. I cut and polished a piece of aluminum flat stock to make the control panel, which is in the empty slot below my aftermarket stereo head unit.

Here is the schematic for my mods. Notice that the keyless entry system never has control over the air horn branch of circuitry. I would not want the panic button to start blowing the air horns if I hit it by accident in a parking lot or outside my house!!

[Broken External Image]:

Here is what the actual panel looks like. The small black button will activate whichever of the four auxiliary horns/lights/whatever are hooked up to the wires that run to the bed. The left-most toggle switch is the one that determines whether the steering wheel horn button honks the stock electric horns, or the auxiliary horns.

[Broken External Image]:

And the compressor and test horn in the bed:

[Broken External Image]:

That is not the horn I'm actually going to use, I'm putting smaller ones over the cab once my Westin roof bars arrive. But for now, I've got the ferry horn hooked up in order to test out the system.

Good work,

LOUD, But good work....

Todd Z

Thats one big horn unit. Dang. What are going to do with that one?

My Spring '07 project is going to be a big trailer to hold my collection of ship's air horns, of which this 3-note ferry horn is a mid-sized sample. Last year, before I had the ST, I had a Mazda B4000 (Ranger) and I loaded it up with most of my collection (photo below), except for the largest horn (2nd photo).

World's horniest truck:

[Broken External Image]:

Only the Queen Mary 2 can outblow this (because she's got two of them):

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts