air intake question?????

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler wright

Reaction score
i wen;t to auto zone the other day and saw a intake filter i was wondering if there was anyway that it would work on my sport trac......is there already tubing that goes in the bumper so all i would have to do is put it on on put the top back on and it would be a cold air intake

If you want to get a conical filter kit on the cheap ($30 or so) go to Ebay.

You will get the filter and the needed adapter components.

If you are going for a true "cold air" intake, you may use that filter from autozone, and a few hours customizing.......

cheers,

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is a project that Michelle Widell did a few years back.. it is posted in the Projects. along with a few others..

hope this helps.

Replace the airbox with the cone filter and you got yourself a genuine hot air intake.

In order to make a cold air intake, you need to seal the air filter from underhood heat (Volant has a box for theirs, K&N makes a baffle plate for some models), you could extend the intake tube and place the filter out of the engine bay, for an extra measure, route a hose from a cold, high-pressure area to the filter.