Air Intake

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Answered in post below about bolts.

Todd Z

Opinions will vary but many people on the site loved the Zabteck True CAI. They discontinued it however so you would have to buy one from another member slightly used or something.

I have the MAC intake which cost about $190 shipped from Explorer Express. I like the sound it gives and the engine bay look but I don't notice any super gains from it at all. K&N and other brands run a little higher around $250-$300 depending on which one you choose.

To be honest, I would just get a drop-in filter from K&N ($50) that you can clean and reuse every so often. Many people on here will say that there are 0-minimal gains from a cold air intake and you're better off spending the $200-300 elsewhere. If i was to choose again, I would just keep my drop-in filter.

Hope this helps,

Kyle

If you buy a complete kit. Go with K&N or any that have the plastic tube, from MAF to TB. The intake temps will be cooler. The metal tubes get hot from under hood temp.