Air Leak in r/side of dash

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csamuels

Reaction score
Ok.Im sure this has been answered before.but I looked back through several years of posting with no luck..

My 2002 Sport Trac as a cold air leak from the bottom of the dash on the r/side. Which my wife only notices in the winter (which I have ignored for several winters).

I was able to get away with this until a friend of ours, who has an 02 Sport Trac mentioned in front of her the same problem.

So now I have to address the issue.My first thought was finally a reason to purchase a new Adrenalin, but funds wont allow that. So am stuck with trying to figure this out..

It only happens when the system in is heater or heater/defrost mode. If you switch to A/C the draft goes away. This leads me to believe that it must be something in the duct work when the vacuum switches air direction.

Can anyone lead me any old post that might answer my problem????

We had an Explorer that had that same issue. In my case, there is a door that was stuck open and allowed raw air directly into the vehicle.

Had to remove the dash to get to it, but once there, it was easy to see he issue and fix it. The fix was, a replacement door as the pivot was seized up.

May be the same concern you are having.

I had a seam that wasn't completely closed under the dash of mine. I found it when I went to install the carpet kit. I had a water leak behind the parking brake pedal. Not sure if it was from being in Detroit the first two years of its life or not, but that's what we found.

had the same problem .ended up replaceing the electronic blend door actuator. lower the glovebox.look into the dash up on top of the evap.core housing.white switchwith a orange and white plug going to it. 2 screws in front and one in back( i had to make a tool in order to get to the back screw) .picked mine up from junkyard for 10.00.dealer gets 70.00.works fine now. by the way i checked all vaccuum line first..

do you have a factory service manual for this vehicle? i have a cd that i can copy and send to you if needed..:smile0006: