alignment problem 08 Adrenalin

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim J

Reaction score
Just found this web site and I am curious if anybody here has an 08 Adrenalin. I recently bought a left over about a month ago and it has been back to the dealer 3 times for alignment. On the second trip they found the rack was bad. The vehicle only has 800 miles on it and it has been pulling right since it was new. Rotated tires as well. Anybody here have the same problem? My dealer can't seem to figure it out and trying to get anything out of Ford is impossible. This is the first and probably last Ford I'll buy. I've purchased probably 20 cars over the last 30 years and this has been the most disappointing. I really expected better build quality and customer service. American auto makers are screaming for us to buy cars and this is what they give us for our money. I also had to get the dealer to re-install the tonnue cover because it was on backwards. Damn sham because this is a great motor with a ton of potential and a pretty decent 6 speed trans.

Sorry for the rant folks, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome Aboard. I and many others here have the 08 Adrenalin and this is the first time that I'd heard of a rack & pinion problem. the only problem discussed here so far was the trans bump when coming to a full stop but other than that no talk about a bad rack. I would want the dealership where you bought this STA to replace the entire rack and pinion.

Mine does pull alittle as well. But it is due for a tire rotation @ next oil change. Hopefully that will fix it.

Mine pulls to the right a tiny bit. Has since new actually.

They are designed this way. In the event you fall asleep you will drift to the right, not into on-coming traffic...

Quote:

Mine pulls to the right a tiny bit. Has since new actually.

They are designed this way. In the event you fall asleep you will drift to the right, not into on-coming traffic...

Wrong. It should track straight on a flat level road. Your's may pull to the right due to the crown in the road, but it should not be designed to pull one way or the other.

Jim J - it's not black is it? Just curious. I drove one just south of Philly last year that had a shake in it. I ran from that dealer. Someone had to have beat that Trac! I have a red '08 STA and it drives GREAT!. 10k on it. I don't think there is a problem with the STA. I think it is just the trac you got.

I beg to differ.

I've had excellent performance from all my Fords over the last 30 years.

Because you got a bad part, there's no reason to assume Ford is crap.

Actually it is black, but I purchased it new from a dealer in the northeast. Who know maybe it was a swap. Hell, if it was only a vibration or shake that would be an easy problem to rectify. I personally checked the wheel bearings and ball joints and they are fine. Neither myself or the dealer can figure it out. Several calls and emails to Ford has only made me more skeptical as well as making my blood boil. The sad part is, on paper this vehicle is quite good and really fits a niche like no other vehicle on the market. I've been a loyal GM buyer for a long time but in light of their current financial situation I decided let's give Ford a shot. I also liked the idea of a six speed and the 4.6 modular 3V is pretty good design with a great deal of potential. But I will say that not only is this problem a huge disappointment but the more I poke around at the truck I see mis-matches in lines and I suspect the cheap pirellies they put on might be a source of the problem. All in all I don't think the build quality is up to GM or some of the imports I've owned. I guess if they can't fix it this time I am going to hit the Lemon law, dump back on Ford and buy a GM or Honda.

I beg to differ.

I've had excellent performance from all my Fords over the last 30 years.

Because you got a bad part, there's no reason to assume Ford is crap.

I agree with JerryG, I've had several Fords, cars & trucks, and the only one I've ever had in for warranty work is the 05 T-Bird. The ST never saw the dealer...

Jim J said:

All in all I don't think the build quality is up to GM or some of the imports I've owned. I guess if they can't fix it this time I am going to hit the Lemon law, dump back on Ford and buy a GM or Honda.

Good luck with the Lemon Law.

And good luck trying to better your situation with a GM product.

According to JD Powers, Ford is tied with Toyota in customer satisfaction.

GM is tied with Yugo. :rolleyes: