Aloha!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keola P

Reaction score
I wanted to thank everyone who chimed in to my last post regarding my engine woes. Found out that the repairs would be costly and most mechanics I conferred with recommended that I get a new engine. Sad to say that I sold the my beloved Sport Trac and I'm now in another vehicle. It's not another Sport Trac, nor is it a Ford but I'm happy to say it's a fun vehicle and I'm looking forward to giving it the same treatment I gave the "HawaiianST".

Thanks for all the help and banter over the years. This has been the most helpful and informative automotive forum I have ever had the privilege of being a part of. I can only hope to find another awesome forum like The Sport Trac Web Site :supercool:

Mahalo and Take Care, keola (HawaiianST)

I haven't been on this forum for too long, but your truck is beautiful and inspired me along the way.

I guess you didn't find it worth it to replace the motor? I often wonder what I would / should do in the event of a similar scenario. It's truly a shame that it went on you.

What is this mysterious fun vehicle??

Hearbreaking Keola. We know how much care and effort you put into it. However, you sound upbeat about the new vehicle. What did you do with the ST? Remove any upgraded parts?

Thanks guys. Phil V, I'm glad I was able to provide you some inspiration for your trac. I'm happy with the way mine's turned out, used to get a lot of compliments :banana: I considered getting a new engine, but I didn't want to deal with the hassle. My time with the Trac came to an end. It also got broken into 3 times since November, my stereo was stolen twice, and my door locks were busted. She was in bad shape. It was all good while it lasted. About the mystery vehicle...lets just say it has a "Hemi".

Gavin, Kalama must be an old lady by now :bwahaha:

Steve, I ended up selling the Trac on CL. A home mechanic bought it to fix up for his wife. Left all the extras in there to get my asking price. Used the money to help fund my new truck. Thanks for all your help over the years, it's people like you who make this great site what it is. Hope all is well with you and yours. Maybe I'll see you around :supercool:

You will really be missed here. You have been such a big help to so many of us always ready to share your knowledge of our beloved STs. Sorry to see you go. Good luck with the hemi.

Benny