Alpine IVA-W205 installed Silverstars installed

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axel Deneselya

Reaction score
Finally got the video bypass modul, plugged it all together and crammed all those wires in and put it all in.

it is not flush, it sticks out just under a quarter inch on the top, and an eighth on the bottom because of the way the adapter plate is tapered. I will have to take it out 1 more time when the GPS unit becomes availible so I can install the GPS antenna and I think a microphone, I will also run a cable for a backup cam at that time so I can just plug it in when I get around to buying one. Hopefully this weekend or maybe one night this week, I can sit down in it and do a little tuning. there is way too much trebel compared to my previous alpine. I am sure it is a matter of a few adjustments. the video out and in are accessable from the glovebox so I will just get a couple short cables and have them availible there so I can hook other things up when I want to. I took a couple quick photos for show and tell.

additionally, I installed Silverstar H13 bulbs last night. they seem brighter to me, and the color is more of a white than stock.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
:cool::cool:

looks good...

Todd Z

Get the HD Radio Tuner. We have HD Radio in her Explorer and love it. The sound quality is amazing and I can get classic country music. Best of all, NO subscription fees. Free...the way radio should be.

Tom

That's awesome Axel. Apparently the 07's have a full double din opening. I figured that out when you sent me the adapter with your old Alpine unit. It would not fit in mine. No problem, I just used my old one.

Your new Alpine is great, if you decide to sell it in a few months, keep me in mind. :D

Looks great! I have an IVA-W200 in my 97 Explorer and have been thinking of putting a new 205 in the 07 ST I just bought. I haven't looked at all the differences between the two yet, but I am sure they are pretty similiar.

The install was not that bad since I had an alpine in there already. it is just that I had sized all the cables and wires for the old head unit, the new one made things a bit tighter, when I get the gps unit and have to take the head unit out again to add the gps antenna, I will go through all the wires and try to get a better fit. also, I am 99% sure I can make it flush and there wont be any clearance problems.

this full touch screen takes a bit of getting used to. I have read the manual probably about 5 times already, I need to go through and set everything up and take notes.

If you like alpine, this is a nice way to go. I had a specific need for a portable gps and in dash because I travel a bit and rent cars. It will be a nice convenience to have one unit to get familiar with and also to save trips into, and buy maps for. but if I only needed the in dash, I probably would have gone with the pioneer double din that has navigation all in one unit. it would have saved me significant money.

that being said, I still have a preference for alpine and I think alpines ipod controls are probably better.

Do you have steering wheel controls and did you hook those up also? When the Sirius runs out (6 months free), I'm going to get the 205 and put in here. I'll probably get the Sirius and nav units for it also.

I did not have steering wheel controls. if I did, I believe it is possible to connect them, I have XM, HD doesnt interest me, I cannot stand commercials. if XM starts rolling commercials, I will do away with them as well, I have an 80gb ipod plus the ability to burn mp3 dvd's, I also have unlimited mobile high speed data through my job that I could connect that as well.

I have no experience with Sirius, I only moved back to the US last year after 8 years abroad so satilite radio is something new to me. HD radio has been around a while in europe, in the country I lived in, they were shutting it down, no one was getting it.

So far, I have been pretty happy with XM. My only problem is that hunting through all the channels is a bit cumbersom.

what I really would like, is a pc built in to the unit that I could connect via my cingular edge card and stream internet radio. I have done this with my laptop on the passenger seat with pretty good results.

The reviews I've seen on other sites as far as XM or Sirius has always been about 50/50. Doesn't really seem to be much difference as far as content goes - but the business side, I see more positive things about Sirius than I do about XM.

I've got my 80gig iopd in my Explorer connected to my IVA-W200 in it, so I'll have the ipod also in the ST. I can burn mp3 dvd's also, but have not done it as of yet just because the ipod holds so much. It is a good idea though.

Navigation is never been something I really needed, so I don't know if I'll install one or not. If I do, I'll use the Blackbird. That way I can put a docking station in the ST and the Explorer and use it in both.