Amp Wire?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Franklin

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I hate this part of car audio, where did you run your amp power cable through on the firewall? Did you drill? Did you find a unused passage to sneak it through?

I think I saw a spot when looking at the firewall down off to the left of the brake booster but I curious where it punches through inside the cabin.

I followed that gromet.... I used the one next to the parking brake cable... It comes out just under the brake booster in the engine bay...

Todd Z

I drilled my own hole below and to the right of the steering column (if looking from the engine bay).

I think mine might be close to where Todd is talking about. Just below the brake booster

Couldn't find any hole already there that was big enough...

I sliced one of the rubber grommets also, I don't recall which one exactly, but I've run at least 2 feeds through it. A 4 gauge for my amps, and an 8 gauge for some smaller electronics that I hooked to a relay. Both fit with no issue.

I took an easy route, i ran mine down the front fender. in between the inner and outer sheet metal and then took it in through the rubber boot with all the wires going into the door. It has worked well for this long but one day I plan on re-doing most of my wiring.

I squeezed mine through the boot with the parking brake cable. that was almost 3 years ago, never had an leak or problem with the wire.

If you check Rich Stern's project for installing driving lights there is a picture of the above mentioned grommet.