And It Begins

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos Reyes

Reaction score
You ever search forever to find that one honest auto shop? How disappointing is it when they try and take you for a ride?

I turned in my Sport Trac over a week ago to a shop here in Tacoma Washington, they said they would have it done by Wednesday that week...almost a week later it is still not done. They seem to find excuses as to why they need to buy this or that. All the while I keep quiet just driving the crappiest New Yorker you could ever possibly imagine.

Now when I get a call saying they forgot to take out the Superchip and flashed the ECU with the SCT Tuner and wonder why the truck shuts down and wont restart, that they somehow managed to screw up my $1500 Tri Lock security system. And somehow all these problems just seem to keep adding hours to their bill. Even though none of their ignorance was apart of the original verbal aggrement of $2065.

AND to top it off they will later today bill me for over 8 hours of dyno time.

But kind of wondering how they had my truck running for eight hours on a dyno when I have the only gas cap key and its been locked.

Must suddenly get like 50 MPG, because on any other day if I drove the truck that hard I would run out in possibly 3 hours.

And I am not bashing the buisiness, everyone there seems to be pretty nice..seems to be...I guess I can only say its just one bad mechanic that seems to be screwing up this experience for me.

Modded vehicles really seem to confuse most mechanics. If it's not by the book, they may not know how to work on it.

Maybe not bashing, but that place has some issues (nice, doesn't fix stupid) and they have some serious explaining, and discounting to be do.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dreman all that place deals with is performance vehicles. The name is Turbo Technologies Inc, google it and check out their website. If anything my truck is probably the lowest end car they have ever worked on -lol-

Hell when I dropped off my truck they were having a vehicle pulled in that was a 1000 hp Corvette.

Latest posts