Another cross country move...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jacob Dryer

Reaction score
Is there anything worth seeing along this rough route? (Roswell, NM is the only stop planned) I don't mind going out of the way a little bit, but I do plan to hit both Oklahoma and Arkansas to cross them off my list leaving only 3 states in the US I won't have been to/thru..

[Broken External Image]:

My wife is getting out of the Navy, and took a job in DE..

Hard to tell, but it looks like you are taking I-40 a while and then cutting north on I-81 outside of Knoxville, TN.

If you stay on I-40 a bit longer and get into North Carolina and go past Ashville. Near Ashville, is the Biltmore Estate. It is on a par with San Simeon (and much better in my opinion) and well worth the visit if you haven't seen it before.

You could then continue on I-40 to catch I-77 north to connect back with I-81.

Just a suggestion.

JD,

WOW, Moving from the desert and wide open spaces of Arizona to tiny cramped Delaware? Boy, are you in for a shock to your system! :grin:

When it gets hot in Delaware, it's a Wet Heat...:bwahaha:

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Well we've been all over the country. We are actually moving from Oxnard, CA, but my Jeep and trailer are in PHX at my brother-in-laws..

Navy life has taken us from MI, to VA, CA, WA, CA, and now with my wife getting out and taking a job in DE that starts the next phase of living our own lives without being told where to go so it's a step in the right direction. Hopefully we'll only be in DE for a few years and then be able to settle down permanently back out west somewhere..

Ditto re: the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC. It's spectacular, especially when you consider the amenities in the house, given the time period in which it was built.

Also, if you're passing through Memphis, ya gotta stop by Graceland & Sun Studios. It would be almost sacreligious to not do so if you're going to be there!:grin:

Hawaii, North Dakota, and Wisconsin.. I can't say I've done anything special in each of the others, but I have at least been inside the border on some kind of road trip for all the rest.

Hawaii is for sure on my list to visit, not totally sure about the other two.. if I can think of a good reason to make it to either then I will make it happen at some point in my life :bwahaha:

Let me guess, B for the aliens, and C for elvis? lol

I would stop by OKC and see the Federal building memorial too....

Last edited by a moderator:
Wisconsin has tons of things to do--if nothing else, a visit to Lambeau Field should be on the bucket list.

And North Dakota--having been to many parts of it multiple times (my wife grew up in the western part of the state)--umm--I honestly can't think of any particular reason to go there. You could go to Rugby, just to visit the geographical center of North America... :sad: Or, if you want to see what a real modern-day wild-west boomtown is like, go to the western part of the state, where the oil rigs are bringing workers in droves--the best comparison may be the California gold rush a century-and-a-half ago. Just be sure to bring a tent--the oil workers are keeping all the hotels filled beyond capacity.

Latest posts