Another PATs problem ><

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just a comment on what NOT to buy. I bought a Lenovo Chrome Book because I wanted the warranty and Geek service. (you obviously don't need this) . I do everything from a LT . My old one was a guudun' and sadly, gave up the ghost. It was an HP. I really despise this Lenovo Chrome Book. But this is only my opinion. Have a great day.

Windows OS only. Last I checked, there are a bunch of things the iOS and Android versions still can't do. If you use a chrome book you have to use the android app.
Would be great if there was a Linux version, then you could run it on a potato.

A really long cable from your home PC out the door can work too..... LOL they also have wireless phone ones now too...

A really long cable from your home PC out the door can work too..... LOL they also have wireless phone ones now too...
I would have had to buy a Male to Female USB 25ft+ extension cord & then either run in & out of the house, or trust the wife.... which will just mess the truck up 😂
& who knows if the signal wouldnt deteriorate as well, with a cord that long or wireless.

Also forgot to update the driver.
So other then a long thick orange extension cord all the way out to the curb, I also had an ethernet cord too.... that would have also clothes lined anyone walking by who wasnt paying attention 😂

& a follow up update.
Not even stopping the key to see if the Theft light stays lit.
I just start it right up & not a single problem now :D

Got my other order of keys & cut today.
Same as before, 1 out of 2 cut right but np.

Used my 2 working keys to successfully program the newly cut 3rd key.
Just pop in one good key to On
then the 2nd good key.
Then the key to program & done :D

Also not a single problem with the PAT system still :D

Latest posts