Another update with the shakey steering problem.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Denise Hayes 2

Reaction score
Well, back to Firestone this morning to get another set of tires put on, but they were still skepticle that it was a problem with their tires, so they put it on the rack and put it in gear on the rack and discovered that the driveline had slack in it at the back of the transmission, which was causing some vibration.They took it loose and said that the output shaft nut was only hand tight, and the nut needed to be replaced. On the inside of that area of the transmission is what the tech described as a washer or bearing in the tranny not right. He wasn't sure if that was an actual bearing, but advised me not to drive it and take it to the dealer or a transmission shop. Now , I'm worried. I did buy the extended warranty, but not everything is covered with it. The truck only has 39,500 miles on it. Maybe it's trade in time.. I am taking it to the dealer 7:00 Monday morning.

Have you been to the dealer for the vibration issue at all? If so, they have a record of it and likely under the 36,000 mile coverage issue.

But I bet your extended coverage will also help, especially if they have known about the issue.

The truck only has 39,500 miles on it. Maybe it's trade in time..

Not a reason (economically or otherwise) to trade the truck if you are satisified with it in every other way. Cheaper to keep her...