any one got 33s on there st with just a tt and sl?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike moore

Reaction score
was wondering if i could get 33s on my sport st with just the tt and sl lift, was thinking about some thorbirds 33-12.50x15. if any one has 33s on there st could you post a pic of it, or send me one, i would like to see what it would look like. thanx

Doubt you could fit them. I have 33s with TT/SL and a 3inch body and they still rubbed at 3/4 and full turn. Had to do a good amount of triming

Item 1. Everyone I've seen with 33's and a TT/shackle lift runs a 285/75-16, which is narrower but about 33" tall. With the right backspace on the rims a 33x12.50-15 might fit with some front trimming but I'd doubt it. Get a 15x8 with 3.75" backspace. (A 32x11.50 should fit fine with that.) Most likely you'll need a bodylift as well.

Item 2. Thorbirds are really a lousy tire under all circumstances except when covered with Armor All at a show. Wear fast, hard if not impossible to balance, and downright dangerous in the rain.

Item 3. For safety reasons, any tire from Interco should be kept to a maximum speed of 15 mph with the possible exception of Swamper SSR's.

Get a 15x8 with 3.75" backspace

Yep thats the rim I have with 33x12.5x15 and with the TT/Sl and body lift and they rubbed. Also I have BFG All terrain which is a lot less agressive than the ones you are looking at.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thorbirds are really a lousy tire under all circumstances except when covered with Armor All at a show. Wear fast, hard if not impossible to balance, and downright dangerous in the rain.
took the word out of my mouth

would a 33x10.5 work?

People on the Ranger boards have used that size and it worked. About the same overall size as a 285/75-16. (I'm the Wheels & Tires Forum moderator on a Ranger board. ;) )

If you wanted to go with a real beefy tire, but be "somewhat" mindful of on-road performance you could look at Interco's TrXus Mud Terrain tire. I know of a few guys who are running these on their Jeeps or Xterra's and like them.

Fits just fine, Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revo 285/75R16 with 1.25" spacer in the rear. [Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Minor, very minor. Rear tires rubbed a little on the inner plastic wheel well. And the front a little on full turn at the bottom of wheel well closest to the doors.

Latest posts