Anyone Else- Problem with window moldings

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason McPhail

Reaction score
Anyone else have a problem with the window moldings on the rear power window coming down with the window? Also the trim/molding above the rear doors sagging?

Fire,

I had the issue with the molding sagging. Did any one install an alarm or stereo??

You can simply get the yellow weatherstripping adhesive and re glue it up..

As far as the window, They make window guide lube that you can spray in the track so the window doesn't stick to it. You also can glue that stripping back into the doors as well..

Todd Z

Yes, I've been living with both problem. I had the back window fixed while it was still on warranty, but the problem came back.

I am in FL, so I can expect all my moldings so take a serious beat in the sun. I was planning to redo all moldings before next summer.

It's mostly cosmetic, so it doesn't bother me much, except that one time I got caught in a flash rain and my back window would not come back. Try to clean all the edges with a plastic scraping tool and then use some lube as Todd suggested.

my rear window outside molding went into my winow and I cannot get it out. I wrote about this last fall but noone had a response. I have had duct tape over it for about 6 months now.

Ford does not sell the part. they sell the inside weatherstipping but not the outside. any suggestions? anyone know how to get the rear window out?