Anyone else with an '07 dissatisfied with the replacement tire choices??

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i am also in the market for a new set on my 07 lmtd.

dingo, how is the ride on yours?

they look real good and if they are the same height and wider i really want that look.

btw, the stock tires suck. 26k miles and already near replacement

Last edited by a moderator:
The ride's better than stock. By far. Traction is FAR superior.

And they are the same height (.24 inches different).

They are 40mm. wider than stock, though.

At 8500 miles, I had Ford warranty my Michelins.

They bought my Toyos.

dingo,

i am probably going to go with them based on your testimonial. so if i spin out on the long isle expressway in a snow storm i can hold you responsible :lol:

appreciate your input

A1, if you are looking for better off-road traction and are willing to put up with a little noisier tire you could do a lot worse than BFG All-terrain T/A's. These are 265/65/R18s and they work great. I had to use an Xcal2 to correct the speedo since they are taller than the stock 235s.

[Broken External Image]:

Roger-- I like that look with those on there. Have you had any issues with rubbing in the turns, and how did it affect your mileage??

Just got my Toyo's this morning and I have already put around 75 miles on them. Traction is great and they are very smooth on the road.

blksn8k, how is the rubbing with those tires and what brand/type are they? I really like those. :D

----------EDIT----------

Never mind, I realize they are BFGoodrich Radial All-Terrain T/A's

Last edited by a moderator:
snookybell, the only rubbing I have ever experienced has been on the right side front when backing up with the wheel turned hard to the left. There is a plastic liner behind the front bumper that rubs ever so slightly. I could probably find a way to tie it back but it really isn't worth the effort. My fuel mileage is probably not much different from stock but I have also made a few other mods so it would not be easy to compare to stock anyway. I had these tires installed by the dealer so I never drove the truck with the original tires. Approaching happy 14,000 miles.

According to the specs listed on the Tire Rack's website there is a 1.7" difference in tire diameter so theoretically I gained .85" of ground clearance.

Latest posts