Anyone else's Sirius not working today?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Collin Lyon

Reaction score
I was on my way to work this morining, and I couldn't get Sirius stations. Like it wasn't even there. I'm currently in a phone conference (work), but can still login here. I'm calling Sirius when I get a chance, but in the meantime, has anyone else "lost" Sirius?

Yep -- I'm paid up thru Oct, 2010.

I have had issues with mine in my company car and thought it was Sirius, BUT I tried it in my truck and it was fine...

I took appart the antenna, IT was frozen inside with water.... Guess they are not waterproof.. !!!

Todd Z

Dail America or something like that called me the other day to subsribe, I only had the initial 6 onths free. It's still priced a little high and with the uncertainty of their survival, most likely won't subscribe. I do get the weather channel on 183 and it does flash their number to call and activate the service. I liked it when I had it. but not worth 17.00 per month.

I took appart the antenna, IT was frozen inside with water.... Guess they are not waterproof.. !!!

Didn't think of that, Todd. It was raining off & on all weekend (and a little this morning). Probably the same with mine -- probably not frozen, though.

How hard is it to take the antenna apart? Best way to "waterproof" it?

edit: I went out to the parking garage (underground), and although Sirius doesn't come in, it now shows "SAT1, SAT2, SAT3". So, I guess it's back. I'll try it at lunch or the drive home.

I'd like to know how to take the antenna apart & seal it better. I think you were spot on this Todd, and thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I distroyed the antenna.... I am just replacing it... LOL

Todd Z

Mine worked fine this morning from about 7:30am Central time till about 8:15am as I was driving to Temple, TX Worked fine again on my way back home around 11:30am-12:00pm.

...Rich

After the Trac dried off in the parking garage, I took her out for lunch, and Sirius is working fine now. Must have been the rain . . .

Latest posts