Anyone familiar with Warrantydirect.com?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

michael b

Reaction score
I'm thinking of putting a extended warranty on the new 07 Caliber. It has the standard 3/36 warranty & I'd feel better with maybe a 5/75 on it. I can get a 5/100k from warrantydirect .com for 1200 w/0 deductible or 823 w/100.00 deductible which sounds pretty decent. From what I read on line it looks like a legit place to do business. Since this car has the CVT2 auto tranny & the dual V V T engine which I know nothing about, I thought it might be a good investment---Anyone ever deal with this company?

BTW anyone else ever drive a car with a CVT transmission? Weird sensation. No shifts like a regular automatic. The Nissan Murano has the same type basicly, The CVT2 is just an updated version.

I do have extended warranty with them and had no problem so far. It was worth getting it since they paid already 2200 and it cost me 1500 :D. On the other hand my advice would be to don't get any extended warranty for a brand new car, it's already covered for 3/36. The same deal, maybe a better one you could get when you get close to 3/36 threshold.

My brother in law just went with a warranty with them for his VW Passat. He is a nit-picker and looks at every detail, called them and asked a million questions. If it is good enough for him then it must be good, he does not fool around or take chances.

I am going to get one for my '07 ST when I get it. 7/100K W/ either $0 or $50 deductible. I thin it does not make sense to go higher than $50 on a deductible. Just my thoughts.

Just DONT do a warranty with warrantygold.com. I had just gotten a warranty from them back in March of 2003 and just 8 months or so later after I had almost paid off their warranty, they went BANKRUPT. BUT it was only for those that had gotten their warranties BEFORE JUNE of 2003! They still haven't paid anyone with warranties their money back yet! Over 25,000 people are in a class action suit .... but to no avail!:angry: