Anyone have a wheel shield?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Heather Rueckert

Reaction score
If you do, how do you like it? I'm thinking of buying one, along with a tire step. It's really hard to reach the middle of my hood to wash/wax it since I'm only 5'3". :D -Heather

I made one with a piece of craft foam board. It doesn't have a nifty little handle, but I just hold it up against the wheel and that works fine for me.

I use one all the time, works great, no muss no fuss just rinse with water after use. I thought I got mine at Wal-Mart or Pep Boys.

Last edited by a moderator:
Me too, i'm thinking of getting one from J.C. Whitney or Stylin Concepts, can't remember which. Anyway, I've been using Meguiar's NXT "Insane Shine" spray and it's got a fine, sticky mist that easily blows onto the chrome and paint.

Been using a piece of cardboard for 15+ years to do the same thing. Maybe I should of gotten a patent on it!

I have made them out of cardboard for years. Make a handle out of wood and screws or anything. Works great..:D

That product is worth every penny. I have one and LOVE IT! You can cut it down to your rim size. It has saved me lots of time and aggrivation. No detail kit is complete without one.

Thanks for posting that link on here, Heather. I got myself a shield which arrived yesterday. It should make dressing the tires a lot easier on the rims.

Latest posts