Anyone have Deadener in their ST?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My ST has so many rattles and vibrations I just can't keep track of where they all are. It is kinda disapointing. Amanda's WRX has almost no rattles or vibrations.

It seriously kills the pleasure out of my audio system. If I turn the volume above 15 everything vibrates and rattles. It's extremely annoying.

Apply deadener to the correct spots and you won't have rattles.. I don't have any other than my loose change.

I did test sound levels and only got a 1db decrease, it's a difference for sure, but it's a far stretch from 10 db.

JD - right now i have my doors (inner and outer skins) done as well as the back wall. but i turn the volume up and i can hear rattles from the back....all over the back actually. the plastic piece that goves over the back wall...i think the metal piece that goes under the rear window....the plastic trim where the rear seat belts come out off? at times it's like a constant buzz....then nothing...really annoying.

Any suggestions?

Climb back there with the radio up so it's all rattling and put your hand lightly on all the places you think it's coming from, if it stops apply deadener there.. move on to the next spot, repeat until no rattles.. not a fun process.

yeah...i was thinking that...but hoping you had a better idea!

you know what's also wierd is that i've sat in the backseat with the stereo turned up in my driveway and i can hear one or two spots at the most....and it's not even bad. but when I'm driving on the same song with the same volume it sound much, much worse.

Attn JDBoxes.

My 10 DB "Lowered Noise Guesstimate" is probably way inflated.

Considering a 10 decibel gain is "perceived" as double loudness, (or softness) to human hearing.

Thanks for the correction.

A little "fun" trivia:

The loudest animal (mammal) on Earth is the Blue Whale. They have been measured to "communicate" at up to 188 DB @ a 1 meter distance. The world record SPL in a car (audio system) is BELOW 180 DB. Amazing huh? Just wonder what the "Space Shuttle" would measure at liftoff at 1 meter.

Attn: RS

At what "given" distance did you measure your "significant other"? Earth Mother speaks?

The bedroom and kitchen usually have dramatically different acoustic "properties" BTW. ;)

Latest posts