Anyone have this problem?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jamie frenzel

Reaction score
Its like 29* out. And my drivers window is acting up. The front of the window went way down and now it is stuck about 2" down. I need this up asap I am going to pull the panel off right now. Just wondering what I should be looking for. I didnt see anything in the projects, and did a search and nothing.

It turns out my window came unglued from the track and when I went to put the window up it twisted the whole track up to shit. I cant even bend it back to make it work for now. Well I got the window back up but its 2" down. I bought a new track and motor off a guy parting an st on ebay for $37 shipped. Its only in mn and I am in wi, so hopefully it will come before the next snow storm. Where do I find new rivits for the motor?

Do you really have to use rivets? I would probably use bolts to replace rivets. A little locktite or a locking style nut will work as well as a rivet.

That sux jamie.......I'm glad that mine was just a bad motor, but it did cost me about 250. at the dealer to get replaced. I don't know squat about messing with the track or R&R the motor assy.

Hope you get it fixed before the next rain or snow...

If you are talking about the 2 tabs on the bottom of the glass, that's not part of the regulator. That's part of the glass. You might can get a glass company to epoxy those tabs back on.

Latest posts