Anyone in Winnipeg have a code reader?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ben Geller

Reaction score
My CEL came on last night, and I hate paying Cdn Tire 50 bucks to read a code. Anyone have a reader in Winnipeg that would do it for me for a 6 pack??? :haveabeer:

Thanks!

A LOT OF PARTS STORE WILL READ IT FOR FREE IN MY AREA, WONT RESET IT BUT AT LEAST GET THE CODES. PEP BOYS, AUTO ZONE, EVEN SOME TRANNY SHOP OFFER IT FOR FREE.

That is damned bonkers. I had two people in my AA meeting offer to read my last code... plus the auto parts store and my neighbor...all for free.

Last edited by a moderator:
50 bux buys a code reader...that doesn't make any sense.

(Of course 50 CAD is worth so little that charging 50 CAD is free to us "south of the border"....ya'll know why I said it :boohoo: :banghead::banghead: )

Thanks Mac for checking for me. Greatly appreciated.

I guess I just need to wait till Princess Auto blows their readers out. Such a pain needing to pay just to get a code read.. Unfortunately I need to on this one. I've already had the elbow code, and I did the IAC motor and the DPFE sensor.

KL,

I'm pretty sure we are pretty close to $50 USD = $50 CAD !! :banana:

Even though everything is still twice as expensive up :banghead:

Princess Auto has an amazing return policy. Buy it, don't like it, return it. Their policy reads "No Sale is Final unless you are satisfied"

If you get my drift.

Mac

According to google, 1 CAD is worth 1.0017 USD.

ALMOST enough that I can convert my small fortune of CAD to USD 1 to 1....stupid exchange fees. :bwahaha:

I must have missed where everything cost 2x last time I was up there....except Toronto, cause VAT ams ludicrous.

Oh well, I'll be up there again soon enough, and this time I won't have to worry about converting my green to pink, blue, and purple.....and I've learned from this thread to bring my ScanGauge II as it reads codes...for free. Seriously, everyone should have one of these hoojits, they're awesome.

Latest posts