Anyone into Zippo Lighters??? or a primer from the USS Missouri

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kevin Palmer

Reaction score
When I was deployed for the first Kuwaiti war i purchased a lighter from EVERY ship that came into the Bahrain Harbor. In several cases they had brass, chrome and satin black finishes. I tried to get every type there were.

I also got about 40 from foreign vessels. Many of them are quite unique. At any rate. Was going thru my attic and saw them. Have not sen them in 15 years...

I am going to take pictures of them all and list them on ebay. Thought I'd let you know here just in case someone has an interest in Zippos. 95% of them are new in their original box.

I even have one of the primers from the Cannons on the USS Missouri who is now a Museum I believe. According to the Armorer from the ship, this is from round number 7. I actually got it from the Captain of the ship. His boat broke down and I towed him and his personal crew back to his ship. I got a very nice tour of the Battle Ship...

Let me know if so....

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is what I have taken pictures of. If you want any pictures, please email me...

USS Kidd DGG -993, Chrome, 2 sided, Used, Minor Scratches.

USS Kidd DGG -993, Black, 2 sided, Used, Minor Mars. White ship, White and Blue Logo.

USS La Salle AGF-3, Chrome, New, White Ship w/ Blue Water, Near Perfect.

USS La Salle AGF-3, Brass in Plastic, New, White Ship w/ Blue Water, Near Perfect.

USS Princeton GG 59, Ships Logo, New Brass, Like New

USS Mobile LKA-115, New, Brass, Like New

COMMANDER lighter, Joint Task Force Middle East, New, Chrome, Near Perfect.

Model 204, New Brass, Plain, Like New

USS Lewis B. Puller FFG-23, (Chestys Pride), New, Brass, Near perfect 2 sided, in plastic

Foreign

Royal Artillery, Used Satin Chrome, low shine,

Model# 359, Scrimshaw, Unknown Vessel, Ivory Etching, Light House and Large Sail Ship

Every one of these items were purchased while deployed for Desert Storm. November 1990 thru October or 1991

I will have to get to the rest as I need to do some errands with my kids right now...

I'll let you know Glenn

I am out of town but yes, I still have the primer (and many other zippos still).

I happen to have three pictures of the primer on my hard drive.

I don't recall what it says on the bottom of the primer. I can get the details to you on Monday as well as measurements.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
The USS Missouri is now a decommissioned battleship that saw action in WWII, Korea, and VietNam. It may have also been used in the first Gulf War??? (Not sure). I is now a museum in Pearl Harbor, HI.

The ship was where the Japanese signed their Surrender documents to end WWII and there is now a commenorative medalion inlayed into the wooden deck indicating the signing of the Japanese surrender was performed on that ship.

Great history and the primer could be valuable if they can be authenticated.

...Rich

Rich is correct.

I obtained the primer as a result of towing the captains gig, (Small boat) back to the ship after it broke down. He invited me on board and gave me a huge tour of the ship. I rode the grain elevator from the storage room where the gun powder is stored up to the big guns. When we got into the gun room, the man there said the captain wanted me to have this, and then he handed me the primer. They shot 22 rounds in all. This was from shot number two, the captain kept number one.

I got other goodies but they were personal in nature so i will keep be keeping them.

Latest posts