Anyone know of a Michelin rebate available now?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did a quick search. Only saw a currently running rebate for Goodyear tires (Discount Tire Direct).

The Michelin rebate I found looked like it ended October-November'09. :smile0009:

IMO, Michelin tires are over priced. Not to say they arent good tires. Just that there are other brands cheaper just as good qaulity. BFG or Yokohama for 2.

I have had sincere talks with folks in tire bussiness. You pay average 15% too much for the big M name.

I believe it from my own experiance, of all the tires I have gone thru.

I continue to get over 100k miles out of Michelin LTX M/S, did so on my 93 Explorer Sport & have on my 01 ST. We have them on both our 01 & O5 Sport Tracs now. I wouldn't run anything else. And I have other Michelins on my wife's 04 Maxima and my parents 98 Mercury Villager. Each set are rotated & balanced every 5k miles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Michelin owns BFG. Quality control on both seem to be very good in my experience. Rode LTX M/S for years. Last two sets are BFG. No problems....

Last edited by a moderator:
The ONLY 2 issues I have with Michelin's are if you use tire dressing a lot you will crack the sidewall of the tire prematurely and IF you ever have to dismount the tire to fix a flat or swap a rim, the BEAD rubber is a soft compound and normally tears..... no matter what machine you use and how you do it...

That almost requires a bead sealer compound to be put on the tire and rim..

i hated doing that but it worked since we always used a patch/plug combo to fix tires..

Other then that i like their ride and dry/snow traction.... the wet road left a little to be desired..

Todd Z

Latest posts