Anyone Know Who Makes the OEM Rubber Bed Mat? (2001-05)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swshawaii

Staff member
1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
2 wheel drive
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
1st Gen Owner
Since there is no custom fit TAILGATE mat available. Really like the thickness and quality of the Ford mat, and would like to cut a universal tailgate or bed mat that matches the raised bed mat channels if possible. IIRC, someone posted the OEM mat was made by Westin?

Thanks Eddie. Man, that sure looks close, if not the same as the Ford bed mat material. Maybe I'll contact Westin or the dealer and see if the raised ridge spacing is the same. Gotta laugh, I paid $50 + shipping for a used mat in perfect condition last year. Westin universal tailgate mat is $66 and a fraction of the bed mat size.

Last edited:
I might look around for a better price. I have thought of getting one myself. Just hasnt been a priority.

Reason why I ALWAYS check Amazon, RockAuto, or eBay pricing first. Just ordered a used one from Amazon for $14.46 shipped using their Prime 30 day free trial. Description said "good condition with small flaws around the edges, but I'll need to trim it anyway. Measures 54" x 15" which is a little short on the width, but I'll find a way to make it work. If not, I would "only be out $14.46, which is less than the flat rate return shipping cost would be. I'll take pics and post them if anyone's interested.

https://www.amazon.com/Westin-50-65...8&sr=1-1&keywords=Westin+Tailgate+Mat+50-6555

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Westin-Tailgate-Mat-/231928336084?_trksid=p2349526.m4383.l4275.c10

Last edited:
Cool deal. Keep me updated on the quality. My fit will be different. I have the tailgate backdraft wing. I always have to be careful when loading, so I dont break or scratch it...

Order update 2/3/18
Hello,
Due to a lack of availability, we will not be able to obtain the following item(s) from your order:
"Westin 50-6555 Tailgate Mat"

We've canceled the item(s) and apologize for the inconvenience. If you see a charge for the canceled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days.

Sincerely,
Customer Service Department
Honestly not upset since I've been ordering from Amazon since 2005, and this is the first time it's happened. Also don't believe the 15" width would cover enough of the tailgate, and it would be hard to fasten. Oh well, I'll keep looking. Thanks Eddie.

Steve, If I remember. Johny O bought a piece from Pep-Boys. He had to cut it to fit. It was larger than our tailgates. This was some years back, when he was leasing a Gen1...

No Pep Boys in Hawaii. Wouldn't take my Trac there for ANY kind of service. Eddie, I do remember your damaged rim experience from them. LOL

I'm really in no hurry for the tailgate mat, I'll figure something out. Thanks again for keeping an eye out for me.

I've had good luck at Pep Boys so far but these days shops are not getting better anywhere and they change from year to year. My ex bosses cousin works at the Pep Boys I go to and I ask for him to do the work exclusively. When he retires, not sure what I'll do.

Latest posts