Anyone near Buffalo NY that check out a STA for me?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So inspection went well, the service manager was surprised how clean it was as well.

They wouldn't move on price because of other calls they took on it. They did do free shipping though. It should be in my garage Tuesday.:driving:

@jeffksf - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :banana: :supercool: :haveabeer:

Damn to those other Sport Trac forum members who also called in to inquire after reading this thread and ruining your negotiation game.

BTW, Used car sales places always say that so you don't haggle with them. Even if they had inquiries, they're only inquiries! Nobody buys novelty model trucks in the prime of the Buffalo winters. You always have to throw them a price and wait for them to call you back. I know, I could tell you were real emotional about this one and had the bug for it and they probably also knew. That's what keeps places like that in business.

The most important thing here is that you wanted it and the price seemed fine for you to handle. It's also a bit of savings to have them ship it to your door so you got something valuable in return. I'm just a turd for getting a doorbreaking deal when buying vehicles and I've bought a lot in my day.

Wish you the best of luck and be careful with it in the winter if you're planning to use it.

BTW, What did the dealer charge for the inspection so others can get an idea for the future?

Thanks, I'm admittedly a little weak in that negotiation game. The ford Dealership West-Herr Ford charged me $100, they test drove it, put it on the lift, inspected the brakes, tires and made sure everything worked. I'm very pleased with what they did for $100. Those online services would have charged $130 and not gotten anything like what the dealership did for me. So if anyone is in the Buffalo area I recommend them.

I already have a lead on a set of snow tires w/ rims:grin:

I'm no good at negotiating either. When I bought my '02 from a used car lot on Christmas Eve 2012, the dealer would not budge on the price at all, even though he'd had the truck for several months. I "overpaid" even with STs selling higher around here than in other areas, but it's a great, solid truck and had only 63,850 miles on it. Two years later, it has 78,000, and I haven't regretted the purchase or price for a minute. I hope your experience is equally positive Jeff.

@jeffksf

So did the STA meet your expectations being you purchased on the blind? Stop cruising the streets (if you dare to get it all boogered up in the snow) and give us some feedback on your exciting new toy.