Anyone seen the new Toyota Commercials?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Schindler

1st Gen Owner
V6 Engine
Reaction score
I noticed they are destroying vehicles that obviously look like something other than a Toyota. I bet is Ford took a Toyota car and smashed it with a giant rock, Toyota would be all over them.

That commercial offends me and it is hard to offend me.

Tom

Explorer in one commercial.

In another commercial a guy cuts down a tree and has it fall on his Buick, then laughs.

Tom

Ford just needs to run a truck over the same toyo they use in their commercial ha ha ha! or make a commercial.... stating "we don't have to show off when we are 1st every time!" LOL

Offended by a commercial....wow, more drama.

All is fair in love, war and advertising.

#1 rule in commercials today is to make them entertaining; #2 is to make them memorable; #3 make them create a buzz.

They did all three...

TJR

I don't watch TV much anymore. There's too much sex and violence. And the TV shows aren't much better!:p

TJR,

Actually, no drama here. Thanks for pointing it out though.

Imagine watching your competitor showing your company logo on every computer they have to repair? Would that not piss you off? What if it isn't your logo, but looks just like it or someone could confuse that logo with yours?

Make a commercial memorable? Sure. Make it funny? Great. Create a buzz? Why not.

Make it insulting by showing a car that you know is a domestic car and say you will do anything to get rid of it, that is over the line.

I am sure any reasonable person would agree with me.

Tom

I'm offended by the Apple commercials that show my XP PC being inferior to a Mac. :rolleyes:

(Even though it is).

I still have my C 64 and 128 here, Great to kill time playing games......

I think i have the win95 computer some where also...

LOL

Todd Z

I'd like to see a commercial where a Ford F-150 and a similar-sized Toyota are in a demolition derby. Have it choreographed, so they strike read-on, and then each gives the other a side impact and then have them crash bumper-to-bumper. At the end, they can show which one is most damaged. They could have a whole series of these commercials, with Nissans, Hondas, Chevys, etc., and at the end they just state "Ford Tough" (assuming the Ford comes out on the good end of the fight). :)

Nelson,

I would like to see that too. Even better yet, i would like to see another "truth about trucks" segment.

Frame, crash tests, engines, etc.

Tom

I wish I had all those game systems and the win 95... i played and used so much ..i killed them all :D AWWW for the simple days :lol:

The commodore 64 was awesome...what couldn't it do? You could write basic (pun) programs right on the homescreen. Can you do that on a modern computer? No. You'd need a compiler/interpreter. You can't fire up notepad and instruct your $1,000 dollar plus PC to do your bidding ;)

The C64 also revolutionized computerized music. The beeps were a thing of the past.

Of course, if you believe the conspiracy theories, the only reason the C64, the superior product, died was because its creator was Jewish.....of course, these "conspiracy brothers" are the ones who say eisenhower had Patton assassinated in order to attain the presidency :(

(The USA would have had a cooler history with Patton as president IMO...sure, we wouldn't have had Interstates--Eisenhower's sole accomplishment--but they would have come later...after we owned the russians and prevented the cold war while we had an edge....)

Those toyota commercials are offensive. Toyota has the audacity to disrespect the 2 car brans that I own :(

Of course, it seems that bashing is what all the commercials do these days. At least they have the guts to name their competition now, instead of just saying "the leading competitor". Has anyone seen the Alltel commercial, the clay/stopmation one which expresses hatred towards all other phone companies, sprint in particular?

Latest posts